« AnteriorContinuar »
Easter, Second Sunday after.
1. Folly of a death-bed repentance. (calamy.) i. 466
2. The Christian state is a state of suffering. (atter
Bury.) . . . . i. 473 , Third Sunday after.
l.The war of fleshly lusts. (sherlock.') .
2. The Journey of Life. (horne.) . . , Fourth Sunday after.
1. Epistle of the Day explained. (stanhope.)
2. Ill-effects of anger. ( Jortin.) , Fifth Sunday after.
1. Doers and hearers of the word. (stanhope.)
2. Prayer to God in the name of Christ. (mant.) Epiphany.
Adoration of the Magi. (dehon.) . . i. 129 , First Sunday after.
1. Christ among the Rabbies in the Temple. (editor.) i.
2. Presumption and ambition condemned. (jortin.) , Second Sunday after.
1. Excellencies of Patience. (horne.)
2. Objects and qualifications of Prayer. (clarke.) , Third Sunday after.
1. Modes of overcoming evil by good. (blair. )
2. On a peaceable disposition. (blair.) , Fourth Sunday after.
1. Gadarenes and Demoniac. (editor.)
2. Disquietade of sinners. (newlin.) . . , Fifth Sunday after.
1. Mortality convenient and useful. (jortin.)
2. Natare and influence of the fear of God. (rogbrs.) , Sixth Sunday after.
1. Hope of resembling Christ. (south.)
2. Christ destroys the works of Satan. (sharpe.) Good-friday.
See Friday before Easter. Innocents' Day.
Virtaes and qualifications of Martyrs. (stanhope.) i. 89 St. James the Greater.
The Lord's Prayer explained. (jortin.) . . ii. 470
8t. James and St. Philip.
Utility of afflictions. (jortin.) . . ii. 442
January the 30th.
Doctrine of a national Providence. (porteus.) ii. 143
St. John the Baptist.
Circumstances of his death. (hall.) . . ii. 458
St. John the Evangelist.
On Christian Friendship. (porteus.) . . i. 83
Natare ofafflictions incident to the good. (stanhope.) ii. 517
——, First Sunday in.
1. Lot delivered. (horni.) . . i. 268
2. On an excessive love of pleasure. (portkus.) . i. 276 , Second Sunday in.
1. Practice must be proportioned to knowledge. (til
Lotson.) . . . . i. 283
2. Nature, motives, and rules, of repentance.(HoRNK.)i. 289 - i , Third Sunday in.
1. Sacrifice of Christ and of the Christian.(WatERLAND.)i. 297
2. Blessedness of keeping the Word. (stanhope.) i. 304 , Fourth Sunday in.
1. Motives to the exercise of Self-denial. (horne.) i. 312
2. Character of Joseph. (blair.) . . i. 318 , Fifth Sunday in.
1. Character of Pharaoh. (robinson.) . . i. 327
2. Conduct under Persecution. (stanhope.) . i. 334 —.—, Sixth Sunday in.
See Sunday be/ore Easter. St. Luke's Day.
The Labourers and Harvest. (stanhope.) . ii. 508
St. Mark's Day.
Deceivers and deceived, in doctrines. (waterland.) ii. 435 St. Matthew's Day.
A Christian forsakes all for Christ . (gisborne.) St. Matthias' Day.
Institution of the Apostolic office. (jortin.)
Disposition of Christians towards magistrates.
St. Michael's Day.
Office and nature of Angels. (robinson.) November the 5th.
False zeal. (pott.) . . .
St. Paul's Conversion.
Circumstances of St. Paul's Conversion. (dbhon.) ii. 404 St. Peter's Day.
Doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church. (jortin.) ii. 470 St. Philip's Day.
Utility of affliction. (stanhope.) . . . ii. 442
Purification of the Virgin Mary.
Simeon's prophecy. (jortin.) . . . ii. 411
1. Blind Bartimeus healed. (dehon.) . i. 247
2. Characteristics of Christian Charity. (jortin.) i. 253 Septuagesima.
1. Parable of the Labourers in the Vineyard. (editor.) i. 218
2. Creation of Man. (blair.) . . i. 224
SlIAGESIMA. VoL V,*°
1. Parable of the Sower. (jortin.) . . i. 233
2. On the natare of Parables. (portetts.) . i. 240
Natare of afflictions, incident to the good.(STANHOPE.)iL 517
2. Difference between duties. ( Jortin.) , Nineteenth Sunday after.
1. Abuses of speech. (jortin.)