« AnteriorContinuar »
CONTENTS OF THE THIRD QUARTER,
Page TWENTY-SEVENTH WEEK,
Page 1. Rienzi
113. Alexander Selkirk . Steele 8. On the Receipt of his Mo
115. Rinaldo and Armida Tasso. ther's Picture
Cowper. 118. The Victories of Love H. Hooker. 11. The Law of Prices
Chalmers. 14. Characters Sir T.Overbury
THIRTY-SEOOND WEEK. 16. John Locke and William Penn
Bancroft. 121. Progress of English Litera18. The Lion and the Spaniel . Brooke.
Jeffrey. 21. The Christian Revelation
126. Clouds and Winds Various. the sure Standard of Mora
129. Chevy Chase
. Cunningham. lity
131. Columbus at Barcelona W. Irving
133. The Ariel among the Rocks Cooper. TWENTY-EIGHTH WEEK.
139. The Sagacity of the Spider Goldsmith. 25. The Liberty of Unlicensed
Dr. J. Kitto, Printing
Milton. 28. The Vision of Oliver Crom
THIRTY-THIRD WEEK. well
Cowley. 30. On Peace
145. Patriotic Songs of Great 32. Autumn
Various. 36. Character of Jonathan Wild Fielding. 148. Poetry of the Age of Eliza38. The Passage of the Beresina Labaume.
T. Warton. 42. Sermon upon the Love of
153. Shipwreck of the Méduse . Anonymous. our Neighbour Bishop Butler. 156. London in the Time of Chaucer
159. Gulliver and the King of
163. Good and Bad Fortune Petrarch. 53. A Rill from the Town Pump Hawthorne.
165. Of a State of Probation, as 57. The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
implying Trial, Difficul63. Advice to his Family William Penn.
ties, and Danger Bp. Butler. 66. Cowper's Tame Hares Cowper. 70. On Prayer
169. Defence of Enthusiasm Tuckerman THIRTIETH WEEK.
175. To his Brother
Keats. 73. The Industry of the British
178. Character of Keats
M. Milnes. Nation
180. The Mississippi Scheme Tucker. 77. The Strawberry Plant St. Pierre.
184. The Moon
Various. 80. Urn-Burial
Sir T. Browne. 187. The Beautiful and the 85. Harvest
Wieland. 87. Moving Onward H. Martineau. 190. Earthly Things
Gurnall. 89. Youthful Friendship John Wilson. 92. Holy Sonnets
193. The Heir of Linne Anonymous. 97. Luxury
Mackenzie. 195. The Battle of the Nile Southey. 101. Mirth
Archd. Hare. 200. Early Adventures of Colonel 105. Page's Scenes in Philaster. Beaumont and Jack
Tennyson. 108. The Inherent Pleasure of
208. Character of Brutus G. Long. the Virtuous, and Misery
211. The Athenian Orators Anonymous. of the Vicious Affections Chalmers. 213. Children of Light