« AnteriorContinuar »
1. Animal Courage inferior to Moral Bravery (The Globe)
2. The Good Old Times (Hallam).
5. Commonplace Maxims (Saturday Review)
6. The Franco-Arab College at Algiers (Evening Star)
11. Extracts from Sir Robert Peel's Address to Glasgow Students 13
25. Xenophon's Address to the Army (G. Grote)
26. Horatius offers to defend the Bridge (Macaulay)
27. Pearls among the Romans (M'Culloch) .
29. They manage those Things better in Russia
30. The Wreck of the 'Royal Charter'
31. How to get on in the World (De Fraine)
32. The Battle of Hastings (Sir F. Palgrave)
40. Facts and Figures of Fairyland (Daily News)
Harlequin's Dress. The Spangles .
The Miseries of the Performers.
41. The Siege of Arcot (Macaulay)
42. Assassination of General Kleber (Denon)
43. Napoleon's System of Warfare (Jackson and Scott)
44. Execution of the Duke d'Enghien (Bourrienne)
45. A Spanish General-in-Chief (Earl of Munster).
53. The Mosque of the Bloody Baptism at Cairo (C. R. Baynes) 64
55. Boyish Scenes and Recollections (W.
60. The Apothecary of Newcastle (G. Colman).
64. Last Words of Celebrated Characters (Cosmopolitan Review)
65. The Children in the Bush (The Times)
68. Sorrows of Werther (Thackeray)
71. Speech of Rolla (Sheridan)
72. Curates and Bishops (S. Smith)
81. Patriotism (The Saturday Review)
82. Reform.-Mr. Gladstone and Mr. Lowe (Lowe)
The Programme of Philosophy (B. Disraeli)
87. La Grande Ville de Marseille (Daily Telegraph)
88. St. Peter's Chapel in the Tower.
89. Education (Professor Huxley)
91. The Guards (A. W. Kinglake)
94. The Last of the Incas (Prescott)
95. Death of Goethe (G. H. Lewis)
96. Sydney Smith builds his House (S. Smith)
97. The Man of Many Speeches (Pall Mall Gazette)
99. Truth in Scientific Research (Prof. A. W. Williamson)
104. The English Country Gentleman (Thackeray)
106. The Quarrel of Squire Bull and his Son (Paulding)
108. English Dwellings in the Fifteenth Century (Hallam)
109. The Dog Show at Islington (Daily Telegraph)