« AnteriorContinuar »
13 Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand: and he stretched it forth ; and it was restored whole, like as the other.
14 of Then the Pharisees went out, and held a counsel against him , , how they might destroy him.
15 But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them. all,
ought an act of Charity towards a Man, to be preferred before all ceremonious Observances P So that, even your selves being Judges, it is lawful to do Acts of Righteousness and Charity upon the Sabbath
16. Yet because he was not willing to make any more Disturbance, and to enter into more Contentions with the Pharisees 3 but desired to discharge his Office quietly, and to heal and do good to all Men without much noise ; there. fore he commanded the People not to make him known.
17. And thus was fulfilled that Prophecy of Esai. as (Isai. 42. 1. )
18. Behold, my servant, whom I have chosen ; my beloved, in whom my Soul is well pleased... I will put my Spirit upon him ; and he shall preach true Religion, not on: ly to the People of 1s: rael, but to the Gentiles also.
19. And this he shall do in all Meekness, Gentleness, and Humility: without Contention and Noise, without Tumult and Diffurbance.
16 And charged them that they should not make him known :
17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, 18 Behold, my servant whom I have chosen, my beloved in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
19. He shall not ftrive, nor cry, neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
26. If therefore casting out Devils, and that in Confirmation of a Dočtrine directly contrary to the Interest of evil Spirits, be a thing not to be done by Confederacy with those evil Spirits ; then nothing can be more absurdly malicious, than this your Accusation of me.
27. But besides 3 your own Countrymen and Relations have sometimes undertaken to cast out Devils, and yet ye never accused them of Confederacy with evil Spirits: What reason have ye then to accuse me thereof, who have never cast out Devils by any worse means, or to serve any worse purpose 2 So that either these your own People must condemn you of Partiality and un
K 3 28. And