« AnteriorContinuar »
Lately published by T. CADELL AND W. DAVIES, STRAND.
1. A FAMILIAR SURVEY of the CHRISTIAN RELIGION, and of HISTORY, as connected with the Introduction of Christianity, and with its Progress to the present time. Intended primarily for the Use of young Persons of either Sex, during the Course of Public or of Private Education. By the Rev. Thomas GISBORNE. 8vo. 6th Edition. 10s. 6d, in boards.
2. SERMONS. By the same. 2 vols. 8vo. 7th Edition. Price 18s. in boards. The volumes sold separate.
3. SERMONS, principally designed to illustrate and to enforce Christian Morality. By the same. 8vo. 3d Edition. Price 98. in boards.
4. A FAMILIAR EXPOSITION and APPLICATION of the EPISTLE of St. Paul to the COLOSSIANS, in a Course of Eight Sermons: including an examination of the general nature and use of the Epistles of the New Testament. To which are subjoined, Two Sermons on Parts of the Example of St. Paul. By the same, 12mo. Price 5s. in boards.
5. The TESTIMONY of NATURAL THEOLOGY to CHRISTIANITY. 2d Edition. 12mo. Price 5s. in boards.
6. An ENQUIRY into the DUTIES of MEN, in the higher and middle Classes of Society in Great Britain, re. sulting from their respective Stations, Professions, and Employments. By the same. 2 vols. 8vo. 6th Edition. 18s. in boards.
7. An ENQUIRY into the DUTIES of the FEMALE SEX. By the same. 8vo. 11th Edition. 8s. in boards. Another Edition, elegantly printed in a Pocket Volume. Price 6s. in boards.
8. PRACTICAL SERMONS on VARIOUS SUBJECTS, chiefly designed to illustrate and enforce the Books published by T. Cadell and W. Davies. Principle of Christian Responsibility. 8vo. Price 78. in boards.
9. The CONNECTION OF NATURAL and REVEALED RELIGION, being an Attempt to illustrate the Evidences and Doctrines of Christianity, by their Relation to the Inductive Philosophy of the Human Mind. By the Rev. E. W. GRINFIELD, Minister of Laura Chapel, Bath, 8vo. Price 12s. in boards.
10. SERMONS on the PARABLES and MIRACLES of JESUS CHRIST. By the same. 8vo. Price 10s. in boards.
11. SERMONS on SUBJECTS CHIEFLY PRACTICAL, with illustrative Notes, and an Appendix relating to the Character of the Church of England, as distin. guished both from other branches of the Reformation, and from the Modern Church of Rome. By the Rev. John JEBB, A, M., Rector of Abingdon, in the Diocese of Cashell. Second Edition, in 1 vol. 8vo. Price tos. 6d. in boards.
12. MORAL SKETCHES of PREVAILING OPI. NIONS and MANNERS, FOREIGN, and DOMESTIC; with Reflections on Prayer. By HANNAH MORE. Sixth Edition, 12mo. Price Is. in boards.
13. STRICTURES on the MODERN SYSTEM of FEMALE EDUCATION; with a View of the Principles and Conduct prevalent among Women of Rank and Fortune. By the same. In 2 vols. 12th Edition. Price 12s. in boards. : 14. HINTS TOWARDS FORMING THE CHARACTER OF A YOUNG PRINCESS. By the same. In 2 vols. 5th Edition, with a new Preface. Price 12s. in boards.
15. PRACTICAL PIETY; or, the Influence of the Religion of the Heart on the Conduct of the Life. By the same. In 2 vols. 8vo. Ilth Edition. Price 10s. 6d. in boards.
16. CHRISTIAN MORALS. By the same. In 2 vols. 6th Edition. Price 12s. in boards.
17. ESSAY ON THE CHARACTER AND PRACTICAL WRITINGS OF ST. PAUL. By the same. 5th Edition, in 2 vols. Price 12s. in boards.,