National Geographic a Diver's Guide to the World: Remarkable Dive Travel Destinations Above and Beneath the Surface
National Geographic Society, 2022 - 352 páginas
Filled with compelling stories, expert advice, and stunning National Geographic photography, this comprehensive guide features extraordinary destinations for divers who like to travel, divers traveling with non-diving companions, and travelers who are passionate about the ocean.
Dive travel experts Carrie Miller and Chris Taylor traveled to 50 inspirational locations around the world--spending more than 250 hours underwater--to bring you this one-of-a-kind guidebook.
In these rich and inviting pages, you will find travel stories and practical tips to make the most of your next adventure.
· Marvel at manta rays and dragons in Komodo;
· Explore the hiking and diving paradise of Saba in the Caribbean;
· Dive in with white sharks and whale sharks in Australia;
· Discover shipwrecks and sand dunes in North Carolina's Outer Banks;
· Learn martial arts and shore-dive in Okinawa, Japan;
· Linger in the land and sea gardens of Bormes-les-Mimosas, France;
· Road-trip around the marine reserves and coastal towns of New Zealand's North Island;
· And so much more!
There is a purpose to these extraordinary travel experiences: conservation through exploration. To that end, each location highlights a global issue--from the necessity of protecting remarkable ecosystems like coral reefs and mangroves, to sea turtle and shark conservation--and suggests ways you can learn more and get involved.
Whether you're dreaming of your next dive holiday or looking to travel the world a little differently, this guide will inspire you to get out and explore--above and beneath the surface!
Comentarios de usuarios - Escribir una reseña
No hemos encontrado ninguna reseña en los sitios habituales.